I've seen every aspect of the trailer. Yes, even that cameo of Edward proving he hasn't been kicked off the series (even I knew he wouldn't be out of the series altogether), a lot of racing, the Australian car Ace, an African Garratt engine (which is pretty interesting I'll admit), and a camel taking Fat Controller's hat, and how do I feel about this trailer?
I'm done. I am truthfully done. If Thomas the Tank Engine is going to be like this from now on, I'm done.
Alright, granted. The trailer to The Great Race looked exciting, but that special turned out to be a great mess, but the trailer to Big World! Big Adventures! may look exciting to you people, but to me, not really. It's become blatantly obvious the series has become a marketing tool and trying to catch up with garbage like PAW Patrol.
So am I going to be watching the Big World! Big Adventures! season? Absolutely not! It's further proof the series is bankrupt now, and has obviously become a money making scheme.
This also further proves that Mattel really don't need to keep making specials on a yearly basis!
Time for the million dollar question. Has this trailer changed my mind about watching the Big World! Big Adventures! movie? Absolutely not! It's gone to the point where the series has become a parody of itself! An idiotic parody of itself.
The fact they made this to try and catch up with other preschool shows, especially plagiarising them, and even plagiarising Cars leaves me further expressing something I've been saying for the last half year: Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends should end! Besides, it's been on for over 30 years now!
From now on, I'm only going to marathon Seasons 1-12 of the series. That'll always be Thomas to me. And this has also made me realise one thing about Seasons 17-21. I know Seasons 17-21 of Thomas had "Gotten Thomas back on track", but the realisation I've made is this: It was just spoiling fans of the classic series with references, making fun of the worst episodes of the series, and even remaking flashbacks to old episodes. I can respect those 5 seasons for doing all that, but what's my problem with reverting back to the classic format? It's too late.
This also made me realise another problem with Hero of the Rails onward. The series didn't have to continue after Season 12! I mean with the final episode of Season 12, the series would've ended very nicely. The episode Best Friends had a beautiful moral of friendship. If the series had ended right there and just left the show completely, I wouldn't have any problems with it. But no.
However, the only good specials to me are The Great Discovery, Blue Mountain Mystery, King of the Railway, Tale of the Brave, The Adventure Begins, Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure and Journey Beyond Sodor. Calling All Engines was fair at best, Thomas and the Magic Railway was average, Hero of the Rails was subpar, Misty Island Rescue was pretty bad, Day of the Diesels was bad, and The Great Race was awful. But I will not be reviewing Big World! Big Adventures! because nobody has watched it yet, and I am not going to.
I'm with Gordon here. Sodor is Thomas' world, Thomas doesn't have to see the entire globe.
This also further proves how illogical it was of that kid who said "Thomas is a train but he never goes anywhere." If that were the case, Thomas would be stuck in the shed all the time!
So there you have it. I am not going to be sticking around for future Thomas, but if you are, that's fine by me. But don't expect me to. I've had it up to here with Mattel's idiotic marketing stunts. And besides, I have more interests besides Thomas.
However, I am not going to end this rant here. Let the last 2 paragraphs end it for me.
For anyone who hates Rebecca because she's an unrealistic livery, WELL, THOMAS, EDWARD AND GORDON ARE PAINTED IN UNREALISTIC LIVERIES TOO!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment