You may remember in my first blog post I made about The Magic School Bus, I was giving away my thoughts on The Magic School Bus Rides Again, and I explained that the reason I got into The Magic School Bus as a kid was because it's an anthropomorphic bus. However, this time, I'm going to do something none of you expected me to do.
First of all, I want to lay down some rules for this countdown.
1. There are no rules!
2. Liz is the class' pet chameleon, so don't expect her on this list.
3. Janet is in a different class and she only makes recurring appearances in both the original and the sequel because she's Arnold's cousin. So don't expect her on this list.
"You won't include me in this ranking list? Prove it!"
I am ready to take another chance, make more mistakes and get messier! So, step inside for another wilder ride and get ready to be Frizzled....again! Here is my ranking from my least favourite to most favourite of all the main kids from The Magic School Bus. Blog, do your stuff!
9. Tim.
Okay, I don't dislike Tim, but he's my least favourite main kid. The reason he's last is mainly to do with the fact he barely contributes anything to the show apart from his artistic skills and his "We've been Frizzled" catchphrase.
8. Keesha Franklin.
Keesha does get on some people's nerves sometimes, like arguing with them, even when they're trying to have fun. Her arguments with Ralphie about his wild imagination can get frustrating sometimes, but I do find them funny. But there are a few times where she does contribute stuff to the series, like her film about ants, and the food chain project she did with Arnold. Although she can sometimes be annoying whenever she says "Oh bad! Oh bad! Oh bad bad bad!"Let's get the fact, a fun fact: Erica Luttrell, who voiced Keesha in the original show, also played Kara in Shining Time Station, the children's show that brought Thomas the Tank Engine to America, and is now the voice for Sapphire in Steven Universe.
7. Jyoti Kaur.
Okay, Jyoti wasn't in the original Magic School Bus TV show or any of the original books, but she's a main kid in The Magic School Bus Rides Again, which, as I said, is intended to continue the original show, so she counts. I'll admit, she might seem like a Mary Sue to some, basically because she's a tech-wiz and doesn't reminisce about her old school like some other girl, but she does have some cool karate moves that she showed in Frizzle of the Future. Even if I can't see anything wrong with her apart from the fact she replaced Phoebe (not that I dislike Jyoti, as a matter of fact, I like her), Jyoti still needs getting used to.
6. Phoebe Terese.
She can be annoying to many, all because she would keep saying "At my old school,", but on the bright side, she does care about animals. She is a good role model for kids who want to look after animals like working in a zoo or working in a pet shelter, as she's a nature lover. Let's hope she appears in the 2nd season of The Magic School Bus Rides Again as a minor character like how Janet still appears every now and then. Also, Phoebe does have a handicapped dad. In which case, her dad is blind.What may be the surprise of the year, Arnold is in the middle of the list. The negative thing about Arnold is that whenever field trips go horribly wrong for him, he keeps wishing he'd "Stayed home today!", though I sometimes act like that whenever I go to places and things go wrong. Hmm... Phoebe going back to her old school in The Magic School Bus Rides Again makes me wonder why Arnold didn't get home schooled. The positive things about Arnold are how he's always self aware, and in The Busasaurus, he's shown to be braver than he's usually made out to be when he threatened to attack a T-rex who was going to eat the class. And in Gets Lost in Space, he was even brave enough to stand up to his stuck up cousin Janet to prove to her that Miss Frizzle is better than any other teacher.
What also makes The Magic School Bus Rides Again feel like the 5th season to the original show is the fact that Arnold still says "I knew I should've stayed home today!", but now he only says it every once in a while.
4. Wanda Li.
This girl is the definition of a tomboyish, energetic animal lover, basically Phoebe done better. I say animal lover because of Meets the Rot Squad, and because that's her extended persona in The Magic School Bus Rides Again due to her going to the pet shelter. Wanda's always eager to get the class going with "You weaselly wimps!", though she can be annoying to some with "What are we gonna do? What are we gonna do? What are we gonna do?", but she does complain like that for the right reasons.
3. Ralphie Tennelli.
I was like Ralphie when I was a kid, always daydreaming and having a wild imagination, like how Ralphie has his superhero Weatherman and randomly believes in mythical creatures. And whenever I see something I don't think anyone else sees, I act like Ralphie with "Is it just me or...?" and I will admit, while his arguments with Keesha may be annoying to some, I do find them funny sometimes. I still relate to Ralphie in another way, I still have my head in the clouds.
2. Carlos Ramon.
He's so close to the top because he's so funny with his random lame puns. He seems to get it from his dad as shown in Going Batty. I especially liked his pun where he told Dorothy Ann "You were supposed to be Pluto! Arf, arf!" being a Disney reference, in Out of this World, and how everyone groans "Carlos!" every time he makes them. I can still relate to Carlos nowadays, making random puns when I try to be funny. And his arguments with Dorothy Ann and Keesha are funny too. Also, he has a handicapped brother named Mikey, in which case, Mikey is in a wheelchair.It's very well done continuity that Carlos still makes puns every now and then, especially "Thanks for aspen!" in Pigs in the Wind and "Water we waiting for?" in 3-in-1.
However, the reason Carlos isn't number 1 is because no matter how funny his jokes and puns can be, some of them can be gross, like "It's a shortcut! Get it? Short cut?" in Inside Ralphie, and "It's snot!" "Not 'what', Arnold. 'Snot'!" in Makes a Stink. He's not as good as.....
1. Dorothy Ann.
What might shock some of you, Dorothy Ann is my favourite kid from The Magic School Bus. She's an inverted dumb blonde, in this case, she's a smart blonde. Even if she can annoy some with "According to my research," and her other book smarts, or nowadays, her computer smarts, you can get past that when you realise that almost everything she researches is also true in real life, after all, this is a series that's intended to teach kids about science. Why else is D.A. my favourite? She is cute in the following ways: Her designs and her voices. And yes, this applies to both her old design and her current design, and this applies to both the voice she had in the original show and the voice she has now. Her arguments with Carlos can be funny, like their argument about the colour made out of red and blue being violet or purple in Makes a Rainbow, and their argument when Carlos teased her with "According to my research Island" in Blows its Top. She was sweet on one occasion. In Cracks a Yolk, D.A., out of gratitude for hatching a new chick for Principal Rhule and for keeping her from getting into trouble with him, kissed Arnold, and how did Arnold react? He blushed. (and as I said in one of my countdown memes and in my controversy meme for this series, I ship the 2). D.A. is also an expert on stars.It is also very good that Dorothy Ann still says "According to my research,", but now she pronounces it riːsərtʃ instead of rɪˈsərtʃ like she did originally.
So, Dorothy Ann is my favourite kid in The Magic School Bus. And this is a very reason I like her new design in the new series.
So there you go. That was my ranking of all the main kids from The Magic School Bus. Thought I'd join the bandwagon of ranking these kids from least favourite to most favourite, and good timing considering The Magic School Bus Rides Again's recent premiere.
Now I want to hear from you. Who's your favourite kid from The Magic School Bus? Feel free to tell me.












Honestly I would've ranked Arnold higher, but I still agree on most of the ranking, though it's surprising D.A got first place, also D.A x Carlos, not D.A and Arnold
ReplyDeleteWell, Arnold's in middle place because I can see from both sides. Some like him because of his bravery in The Busasaurus. Some dislike him because of how much he dislikes going on certain field trips to the point of saying he "should've stayed home today". Making me wonder why he didn't get homeschooled in the new series, considering Phoebe went back to her old school.
DeleteI should've added another reason Dorothy's first place. She's passionate, and the other reason I say she's cute. She reminds me of a girl I went to school with when I was a kid.
I love all 8 kids of the original series. They all have a unique charm to them. But if I had to choose who would I like from "The Magic School Bus", it would be between Carlos and Dorothy Ann. I love these two so much.
ReplyDeleteI run a discord server dedicated to arnold so if he was a little higher this list would be perfect
ReplyDeleteMe too! I would say Dorothy Ann to by my fav character in Magic School bus because she is smart, she sounds bubbly! She and Arnold form a good team!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThe Magic school bus kids has similar personalities to the Numberjacks and here are my cast:
ReplyDeleteZero as Liz (Both are green)
One as Jyoti (Both are purple)
Two as Carlos
Three as Wanda (Both are pink and cheerful)
Four as Arnold (Both are nervous)
Five as Dorothy Ann (Both are smart)
Six as Ralphie (6’s voice suits Ralphie)
Seven as Keesha (7’s voice suits Keesha)
Eight as Tim (Both are blue and have deep voices)
Nine as Phoebe (Both are kind and sensible)
Phoebe and Carlos are my favorite characters
ReplyDelete