Thursday, 7 April 2016

HHPAY S1E11: The Amazing Kaz-Am, Puffylicious & Lights, Camera, Danger

Alright, breaktime from Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi reviews is over for me. Here I go with another review on the show.





31. The Amazing Kaz-Am.
Written by: Mitch Watson.
Aired: 28 January 2005.

The band stop in Las Vegas to do a show, only to find that the show is being performed by a magician called 'The Amazing Kaz-am'. Kaz admits that back when he was a kid, he always wanted to become a magician, and this is the thing that will make his dream come true. But after so many failed magic tricks, Kaz has no choice but to do an incredibly dangerous escape trick!

We finally get some back story about Kaz as a kid.

Kaz sure loves to fulfil his dream!


Yep, we get to see the girls in magician assistant outfits. They definitely need to get a lawyer! The only thing that puzzles me here is that Yumi was wearing Ami's signature colour and vice versa. Maybe if they did wear their signature colours here, there'd be too much there? Yumi sure hates this pink outfit, considering her persona and that look on her face.


Kaz seems to only respond to "Kaz-Am" as a magician?

Ami sure had a bird in her mouth here! I'm doing this as a reminder for a future review.


Kaz sure is an abysmal magician, isn't he?


"Hey, Gandalf! Don't look now, you're heading for the ceiling!"
Er, Lord of the Rings, anyone?




Finally, Kaz did a good trick!

Oh boy! A hilarious shark!

I can remember this as the first episode I watched when I got into this show. This episode is completely hilarious! It shows what a dreadful magician Kaz is, and might I say, the girls look fab in those Las Vegas outfits! That shark chasing Kaz is hilarious!

My rating: 10/10.



32. Puffylicious.
Written by: Robert and Michelle Lamoreaux.
Aired: 28 January 2005.



The band get their very own restaurant, with Ami and Yumi as the employees. But when a food critic comes to their restaurant, the girls have to make something delicious, or else!

Looks like that gorilla got the shower guy good!

Yumi sure was encouraged by this show. And after mentioning her gorilla outfit, in the background, you can hear the voice of pre-Gamecube Donkey Kong.

This restaurant these girls work at looks fabulous.



Looks like the critic is here.

Ami and Yumi sure are awful cookers! Can't help but feel sorry for them. I will admit, that Chocolate Soufflé looked tasty and that Banana Flambé looked the tastiest thing ever!




Wait! That reviewer is Kaz? He sure tricked them good!

This was one Hi Hi Hilarious ep! Shows what bad cooks Ami and Yumi are, and it sure was clever of Kaz to trick them after all those tricks they played on him! That cheeky cheapskate!

My rating: 9.5/10.


33. Lights, Camera, Danger.
Written by: Dave Pruiskma.
Aired: 28 January 2005.

When Kaz signs Ami and Yumi up to do a movie, it doesn't take a while for the girls to figure out that the stunts they do are dangerous.

Ami sure looks good in that make up.

Here we are, the first appearance of Flash Backman, movie director.

These girls sure are in some dangerous stunts!



Looks like Kaz will be a stunt double for these girls.

This sure was some episode, wasn't it? The girls are in primitive, fire fighting, farmer, and other strange outfits for this. Looks like Kaz is in for some revenge for doing this to the poor girls. Hmm, Yumi said she needs a stunt double before going back into the movie business. Foreshadowing much?

My rating: 10/10.

Final thoughts:

Before I give away my fully-fledged thoughts on this episode, let me tell you a dark fact about my experience with this show. When I first saw commercials for this show, I thought, "Wow! This show looks pretty stupid." However, I thought I'd give it a chance one day, and the first episode I watched was The Amazing Kaz-Am. After that, I became a fan of this show and watched it whenever I got the chance.

Now, onto my thoughts, The girls really did have some whacky adventures here! Magic show, working in a prank restaurant and even being filmed in a studio! Whacky episode this! And you couldn't help but feel sorry for the girls. Even so, great one overall!

Episode rating: 10/10.

Season 1 scorecard:
1. Dis-Harmony: 9/10.
2. Collect All 5: 10/10.
3. Ninjcompoop: 9.5/10.
4. Talent Suckers: 9/10.
5. Ole: 9/10.
6. Mini Puffs: 9.5/10.
7. Ami's Secret: 10/10.
8. Taffy Trouble: 9.5/10.
9. Dance a Go-Go: 9.5/10.
10. Ami Goes Bad: 9.5/10.
11. Robo-Pop: 10/10.
12. Metal Mental: 10/10.
13. Showdown: 8.5/10.
14. In the Cards: 9/10.
15. Team Teen: 9.5/10.
16: Opera Yumi: 9.5/10.
17. Save the Farm: 9.5/10.
18. Pen Pal: 8.5/10.
19. Surf's Up: 10/10.
20. Stupid Cupids: 8.5/10.
21. Brat Attack: 9/10.
22. Kaz Almighty: 9.5/10.
23. Allergic: 9.5/10.
24. Spaced Out: 10/10.
25. Yumi Saves Kaz: 9/10.
26. Rock N' Roe: 9/10.
27. Scowlitis: 9.5/10.
28. Treasure Map: 8.5/10.
29. Kaz Versus Katz: 10/10.
30. Bad Manager: 9/10.
31. The Amazing Kaz-Am: 10/10.
32. Puffylicious: 9.5/10.
33. Lights, Camera, Danger: 10/10.

Season 1 so far: 9.4/10.




No comments:

Post a Comment