16. Opera Yumi.
Written by: Ken Segall and Darrell Van Citters
Aired: 17 December 2004.
When Yumi's old opera teacher comes back, she hypnotizes Yumi with a whistle in order to get her back into the opera business.
Boy! Yumi sure is good at opera as much as she is at Rock n' Roll.
Also, this ep marks the debut appearance of Madame Blubbery. I must say, her name suits her design.
Yeah, Madame used Grasswhistle, and Yumi Yoshimura is hypnotised.
We also get to see how Yumi looked in 1975, and how she looked somewhere between 1981 and 1986. And by the way, I'm judging the timeline by her real life counterpart.
Also, Madame sure is a grand evil puppeteer.
Yeah, Kaz, I'd be sleeping too if I was watching an opera.
Yeah, Ami and Yumi playing "True Asia!" *sings* Peking Berlin Dublin Liberia Wait in a bunde, form a circle. I have to say, Ami looks pretty in that dress. Come to think of it, she looks a bit like Belle from Beauty and the Beast and Daisy Mario from the Mario series.
I must say, a grand introductory episode for the first adult villainess of the series. But yeah, I'm with Kaz. Opera sure is boring. And I have to say, that montage of Yumi singing opera was outstanding!
My rating: 9.5/10.
17. Save the Farm.
Written by: David Slack.
Aired: 17 December 2004.
Ami and Yumi go to work on a farm that is close to becoming a parking lot.
Yep, this is the first appearance of the one environmentally unfriendly villain, Blair.
Also, our first appearance of old Farmer Zeke.
Yeah, Kaz sure hates being made fun of!
Yeah, Happy Acres sure looked like Yucky Acres here.
Yeah, I'd hate to get up at 4:30 in the morning. Also, that rooster on the alarm clock sure looks like Cornelius on the Corn Flakes box.
Kaz sure loves his hay, huh?
Good work, Pumpkin. Scaring Blair off!
Yeah, as a thank you, we get to see Yumi and pig have a fudge eating contest.
Yep, this is the first appearance of the one environmentally unfriendly villain, Blair.
Also, our first appearance of old Farmer Zeke.
Yeah, Kaz sure hates being made fun of!
Yeah, Happy Acres sure looked like Yucky Acres here.
Yeah, I'd hate to get up at 4:30 in the morning. Also, that rooster on the alarm clock sure looks like Cornelius on the Corn Flakes box.
Good work, Pumpkin. Scaring Blair off!
I must say, this environmentally friendly episode sure shows how to save farms. And it also shows that Ami and Yumi are better at defending the environment than Capt'n Planet ever was. And coincidentally, the person who voiced Ami also voiced Gi on that show.
All in all, a mighty fine episode.
My rating: 9.5/10.
18. Pen Pal.
Written by: Mitch Watson.
Aired: 17 December 2004.
Ami thinks her pen pal is an attractive guy. But when he arrives, he is the exact opposite of what she dreamed.
Yes, we've now come to the first episode to feature the girls' cats, Yumi's black cat, Jang Keng, and Ami's white cat, Tekirai.
Now, we get the only appearance of Ami's pen pal, Pierre. I must say, he's such a hunk.
Oh, sorry! He's a geek!
Yeah, is this what Pierre calls fun? Library? Beetle exhibits? If I wanted to go look at bugs, I'd go to a museum, or better yet, a zoo.
I see, Pierre has his eyes set for Yumi. I bet most of you have your eyes set for her too!
Yes, Ami! I'd love to be your pen pal.
Yeah, this sure was some episode. I understand how Ami can fall for Pierre if he were a hunk like in her dreams, but a geek in reality? Eh, Pierre looks really geeky. I must say, it was funny when he explained that he's head over heels for Yumi. And also, this one contributed the girls' cats. But either way, still a good misadventure.
My rating: 8.5/10.
Final thoughts:
Well, this was still a good outing. We got to learn that Yumi used to be an opera singer as a kid, we get to find out how well Ami and Yumi can protect the environment as well as introducing Blair, and we get to see Ami's pen pal. All in all, a good mini-sode. Join me next time when I review a banned episode.
Episode rating: 9/10.
Season 1 scorecard:
1. Dis-Harmony: 9/10.
2. Collect All 5: 10/10.
3. Ninjcompoop: 9.5/10.
4. Talent Suckers: 9/10.
5. Ole: 9/10.
6. Mini Puffs: 9.5/10.
7. Ami's Secret: 10/10.
8. Taffy Trouble: 9.5/10.
9. Dance a Go-Go: 9.5/10.
10. Ami Goes Bad: 9.5/10.
11. Robo-Pop: 10/10.
12. Metal Mental: 10/10.
13. Showdown: 8.5/10.
14. In the Cards: 9/10.
15. Team Teen: 9.5/10.
16: Opera Yumi: 9.5/10.
17. Save the Farm: 9.5/10.
18. Pen Pal: 8.5/10.
Season 1 so far: 9.4/10.
Ami's so cute in "Save the Farm" and "Pen Pal."
ReplyDelete