Sunday, 16 December 2018

MSB S6E07: The Good, The Bad, and the Gnocchi

I'm in the mood for some pasta. With this episode featuring simple machines and a spaghetti western. And a glimpse of Ralphie's dad's work. And Carlos' brother is in this. Blog, do your stuff!

72. The Good, The Bad, and the Gnocchi.
Topic: Simple Machines.
Written by: Bernice Vanderlaan.
Released: 13 April 2018.

A race between competitive brothers Carlos and Mikey takes the gang to the top of an "in-pasta-ble" mountain, where they learn about simple machines.


 
We have the return of Mikey, and he and his brother Carlos are racing.

Would you look at this! Ralphie's dad built this. A true spaghetti western!

And this here is Ralphie's dog, Noodles. Fitting since she likes pasta.

Fiona Frizzle's announcing a field trip. On an impastable experience! 

Isn't that clever? Strapping Mikey to multiple seatbelts.

Come on! Ride on The Magic Wagon Bus!

Arnold did have an oversized hat, but Liz swapped it for the right size.

Here's some trouble. The bus busted one of its wheels.

How does Fiona do that? Raise The Magic School Bus where its wheel busted.

 No pass meatball. They could try eating their way through, but it would result in a tummyache.

Yeah! Use something to wedge it out of the way!

It's funny how this wheel got stuck in the spaghetti. Liz trying to get it out.

Mikey did something unfair! Break those lasagne noodles, so Carlos' team wouldn't go.

Jyotis got a clever idea!

Lift the spaghetti noodles with cooked spaghetti and tortellini.

Alphabetalanche!

Keesha found a T. For trouble.

That's one way to plough through the letters. Cheese plough!

"Um, Arnold? Maybe you should've stayed home today."
It's funny how Ralphie used Arnold's catchphrase for him.

Carlos got the idea from his brother. Use wheels for Arnold to go.

But there's trouble. Noodles is eating the set!

Cheese and meatball avalanche!

This proves the bus is magical. It's lifting itself up!

Keesha was right to call these rotini screwy. They are screwy! Literally!

Jyoti took Keesha's words seriously! They can screw into the cheese!

"I don't know if I can do this."
"Oh I'm pretty confident I can't."
It's interesting that Dorothy Ann and Arnold are agreeing about the screwy noodles.

That's the way! Use the lasagne noodles as a ramp for Mikey to go up!

Noodles was asleep until she saw this Magic Balloon Boat Bus flying past her.

They have to save Dorothy Ann.

They have to save Tim and Wanda.

They've finally saved Arnold.

It's funny how Arnold kissed the ground, and said it's cheesy. Literally!

Carlos and Mikey did it together! They got the treasure! It's a cannoli.

That's great teamwork, bros!

 
The way Dorothy Ann hugged both Carlos and Mikey here, kind of reminds me of the time she hugged Carlos for the perfect sound.

It's time for the class to have dessert. I mean, they do have a giant cannoli to eat.

There's more to simple machines than just the ones the class used. Spades we use for sandpits, slippery dips, seesaws.

The chef's brought Goldie a hamper of food.

Up into the clouds, Cirrusly!


Who would've thought Carlos would race Mikey in this? There's a bit of sibling rivalry here.

The first line in this episode was Carlos saying "Bye Mom!". Proves my theory correct. The reason Carlos' mum not appearing in Going Batty being because she had to look after Mikey. And Ralphie's dad's Italian restaurant would explain why Ralphie's dad wasn't in that episode either, or in Rocks and Rolls.

Speaking of the latter episode, it's funny how in this episode, Ralphie told Arnold he "should've stayed home today", while in that episode, he said he was the one who should've stayed home.

I have to say one thing about Ralphie's dog Noodles. The fact he has a dog that loves pasta kind of reminds me of the Futurama episode Jurassic Bark when Phillip had a dog named Seymour, who loved pizza.

I have to enjoy Tim's "Alphabetalanche" pun! Because it was the letter-shaped pasta used to make alphabet soup.

I have to say, Dorothy Ann wearing a skirt as part of her spaghetti western outfit in this episode. It kind of reminds me of the original show when she would wear a skirt as part of most of her non-field trip outfits. Her normal outfit, her swimsuit, and her formal outfit.

I found it cute when Dorothy Ann and Arnold were agreeing about being unable to climb the screwy noodles. As I've said multiple times, I'm one of the few, probably the only, Arnold/DA shipper.

And get this. Mikey's appearance in this episode has given me another reason to want Phoebe to appear in this Magic School Bus show. I mean, if Mikey can appear in this series, as well as Janet, why not Phoebe?


Well, this episode was an interesting, and exciting way to learn about simple machines, and how they can be used. And Carlos and Mikey having a sibling rivalry made things more interesting. And the way these kids used pasta as simple machines was pretty clever. And Liz's moments were quite cute. And Noodles is cute too.

My rating: 10/10.

Season 6 scorecard:
1. The Land Before Tim: 9.5/10.
2. Claw and Order: 8.5/10.
3. Ghost Farm: 9/10.
4. Nothin' But Net: 9/10.
5. I Spy with my Animal Eyes: 9/10.
6. Ready, Set, Fail!: 9/10.
7. The Good, The Bad, and the Gnocchi: 10/10.

Season 6 so far: 9.1/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment