59. Hides and Seeks.
Topic: Camouflage.
Written by: Betty Quan.
Released: 29 September 2017.
Topic: Camouflage.
Written by: Betty Quan.
Released: 29 September 2017.
Determined to outwit an old rival, Dorothy Ann applies the art of animal camouflage to a school-wide game of Extreme Hide and Seek.
Ralphie's proudly announcing an extreme Hide and Seek game. Everyone's excited.
I take it Arnold has coulrophobia, judging by "Clown Week".
How does Dorothy Ann manage to hide so easily?
They're preparing for a game of Hide n' Seek. Hiding from The Seeker.
I'm wondering. Is the Seeker psychic? She managed to find these kids in their respective hiding spots.
How does Fiona Frizzle manage to camouflage herself like that?!
I can understand Liz camouflaging. She is a chameleon after all. And she gave Carlos a good fright.
And they're arrived at their destination.
This Red Howler Monkey must think this bus is a banana due to its colour, and this also shows they're in South America.
Now, it's just about time for the Hide and Seek game to start. Dorothy Ann is going to have to help Jyoti, Tim, and Ralphie hide from The Seeker.
Yep. Green tree frogs can hide easily in forests, since this one is a dark green.
Tim knows how to hide.
Ralphie covering himself in mustard is a good camouflage.
Hmph. Seeker couldn't find Tim, and Liz is just relaxing.
I guess Seeker likes clowns just as little if not less than Arnold.
Jyoti really knows how to camouflage herself with that cloak of hers. Blending herself into her surroundings.
Here we go. A Yucatan Whitetail Deer.
Here's how they protect themselves from predators.
Looks like Tim's camouflage didn't work this time, and Seeker found him.
Seeker still wasn't able to find Ralphie.
A stick bug in Arnold's hair! It's also good at camouflage.
The Seeker found Jyoti, unintentionally sticking her finger up her nose.
Ralphie makes a good log.
Crabs can camouflage themselves under sand.
Ralphie makes a funny shrub. Seeker won't be able to find him.
A Barracuda is attacking the bus! It's damaging The Busmarine!
Clever idea. Move the Barracuda to the lionfish.
Not really a lionfish. An octopus in the neighbourhood!
Dorothy Ann remembered seeing Seeker freaking out over clowns gave her an idea.
It worked. Ralphie is a clown, scaring Seeker off.
That's the way! They won! They won!
Ralphie and Dorothy Ann can share the trophy, but it's camouflaged.
Here we go. Some animals don't need to camouflage to protect themselves. Some of them, like this poison dart frog, are poisonous.
Well water we waiting for? The next episode is foreshadowed.
Who would've thought Seeker could be psychic the previous year? She was able to find certain kids the previous year, and found Dorothy Ann in the recycling bin.
I noticed that during the flashback, Dorothy Ann was wearing the same outfit she wears in this series. Something tells me that during the 4th grade, the main kids wore the same outfits they wear in this series.
Who would've thought Jyoti could make a cloak that can hide the wearer anyhow? She really is a tech-wiz.
And the headscratcher this episode raised. Arnold, when holding onto the barracuda's tooth, said "I knew I should've stayed home today!". Makes me wonder why he didn't get homeschooled in this series, especially considering Phoebe went back to her old school.
But even so, this was a nice way to teach kids about camouflage, and how certain animals protect themselves using it. Seeker sure does have coulrophobia, judging by the clown posters everywhere, and Ralphie dressed up as one. Now, let's look for that trophy Ralphie and Dorothy Ann are to share.
I take it Arnold has coulrophobia, judging by "Clown Week".
How does Dorothy Ann manage to hide so easily?
They're preparing for a game of Hide n' Seek. Hiding from The Seeker.
I'm wondering. Is the Seeker psychic? She managed to find these kids in their respective hiding spots.
Don't know how the seeker managed to find them so easily.
How does Fiona Frizzle manage to camouflage herself like that?!
I can understand Liz camouflaging. She is a chameleon after all. And she gave Carlos a good fright.
And they're arrived at their destination.
"Remember everybody. We're parked in the banana lot."
"Carlos!"
"Carlos!"
Could this pun be because the bus itself is yellow like a banana?
This Red Howler Monkey must think this bus is a banana due to its colour, and this also shows they're in South America.
Now, it's just about time for the Hide and Seek game to start. Dorothy Ann is going to have to help Jyoti, Tim, and Ralphie hide from The Seeker.
Yep. Green tree frogs can hide easily in forests, since this one is a dark green.
Tim knows how to hide.
Ralphie covering himself in mustard is a good camouflage.
Hmph. Seeker couldn't find Tim, and Liz is just relaxing.
I guess Seeker likes clowns just as little if not less than Arnold.
Jyoti really knows how to camouflage herself with that cloak of hers. Blending herself into her surroundings.
Here we go. A Yucatan Whitetail Deer.
Here's how they protect themselves from predators.
Looks like Tim's camouflage didn't work this time, and Seeker found him.
Seeker still wasn't able to find Ralphie.
A stick bug in Arnold's hair! It's also good at camouflage.
The Seeker found Jyoti, unintentionally sticking her finger up her nose.
Ralphie makes a good log.
Crabs can camouflage themselves under sand.
Ralphie makes a funny shrub. Seeker won't be able to find him.
A Barracuda is attacking the bus! It's damaging The Busmarine!
"Is it going to swallow us whole, Ms. Frizzle?"
"I don't think so, Carlos. If anything, it'll chomp us to bits!"
"I knew I should've stayed home today!"
"I don't think so, Carlos. If anything, it'll chomp us to bits!"
"I knew I should've stayed home today!"
This raises a specific headscratcher I have with this series.
Clever idea. Move the Barracuda to the lionfish.
Not really a lionfish. An octopus in the neighbourhood!
Dorothy Ann remembered seeing Seeker freaking out over clowns gave her an idea.
It worked. Ralphie is a clown, scaring Seeker off.
That's the way! They won! They won!
Ralphie and Dorothy Ann can share the trophy, but it's camouflaged.
Here we go. Some animals don't need to camouflage to protect themselves. Some of them, like this poison dart frog, are poisonous.
Well water we waiting for? The next episode is foreshadowed.
Who would've thought Seeker could be psychic the previous year? She was able to find certain kids the previous year, and found Dorothy Ann in the recycling bin.
I noticed that during the flashback, Dorothy Ann was wearing the same outfit she wears in this series. Something tells me that during the 4th grade, the main kids wore the same outfits they wear in this series.
Who would've thought Jyoti could make a cloak that can hide the wearer anyhow? She really is a tech-wiz.
And the headscratcher this episode raised. Arnold, when holding onto the barracuda's tooth, said "I knew I should've stayed home today!". Makes me wonder why he didn't get homeschooled in this series, especially considering Phoebe went back to her old school.
But even so, this was a nice way to teach kids about camouflage, and how certain animals protect themselves using it. Seeker sure does have coulrophobia, judging by the clown posters everywhere, and Ralphie dressed up as one. Now, let's look for that trophy Ralphie and Dorothy Ann are to share.
My rating: 9.5/10.
Season 5 scorecard:
1. Frizzle of the Future: 8/10.
2. Pigs in the Wind: 9/10.
3. In the Swim: 9.5/10.
4. The Battle for Rock Mountain: 10/10.
5. The Magnetic Mambo: 9/10.
6. Carlos Gets the Sneezes: 9/10.
7. Hides and Seeks: 9.5/10.
Season 5 so far: 9.1/10.
No comments:
Post a Comment