This time, I'm going to explain myself why I ship 2 certain kids from The Magic School Bus. That's right. I ship Carlos Ramon and Phoebe Terese. Oh, this is going to be hard for me to explain, especially considering I'm one of the few who ship them, and considering some people never realised this ship was possible. Let Carlos and Phoebe's tug-o-war over a stuffed coyote express how I feel.
For starters, I've always liked the idea of these 2 together. And to be honest, while I do like the idea of shipping Carlos with either Dorothy Ann or Keesha, and the idea of shipping Phoebe with either Tim or Arnold, and while I completely understand why people ship those, those 4 ships just.....didn't 100% click with me (And this is coming from someone who favours Dorothy Ann and Wanda over Phoebe). Back to shipping Carlos and Phoebe. They do kind of balance each other out in a way. When it comes to animals, Carlos likes to tell tall tales about them (like the time he said nobody can survive the desert and the time he said all dinosaurs were ferocious), considering he's a bit immature and always a jokester, whereas Phoebe knows better and is a tree hugger, and is more mature and serious about things.
If anyone remembers the time the entire class went into the desert, and as they got back to school, Phoebe decided to start SASH. Which stands for "Students Assisting Sleepy Heads", because Carlos was still fast asleep on The Magic School Bus. I thought it was funny that Carlos got a little comeuppance for tricking Phoebe into starting SADS, which stands for "Students Against Desert Scarcity". Luckily, Phoebe realised Carlos was right about desert animals not needing help to survive.
There was that time they went to Phoebe's Old School to find a Flowering Madeupacus for the Walker Elementary garden, so that they can appear on Plant-it Magazine, something Carlos wanted to do the whole time, and Phoebe feared embarrassment if Archibald Seedplot met Ms. Frizzle, probably her best moment to have stayed home as suggested by Arnold. Luckily, both Carlos and Phoebe helped each other out without realising it.
But of course, Phoebe does show Carlos the bright sides of specific animals, like the time Carlos expressed his phobia to spiders.
And even though Carlos still dislikes the arachnids, he can at least respect them for helping get rid of potential pests.
There was the time where Carlos had to argue for the Walkerville Mall being away from the swamp whereas Janet had to argue against it, and Janet looked close to winning the debate.
But because there was a flood due to a fallen tree blocking the swamp, Phoebe unknowingly helped Carlos win the debate by mentioning her old school and a bulldozer, prompting Ms. Frizzle to transform The Magic School Bus into a bulldozer to get the tree out of the way and stop the flood.
No matter how the Carlos/D.A. shippers, Carlos/Keesha shippers, Carlos/Wanda shippers, Arnold/Phoebe shippers, Ralphie/Phoebe shippers and Tim/Phoebe shippers feel about my choice, I'll stick with it. I just made this blog post to further remind myself that I'm one of the few Carlos/Phoebe shippers.
No comments:
Post a Comment