I always liked these 2 together. I also do like the idea of shipping Arnold with Wanda, but I'm sorry to say that ship didn't 100% click with me either. I already stated the Carlos/D.A. ship didn't 100% click with me. (And this is coming from someone who favours Carlos and Ralphie over Arnold) Back to shipping Arnold with Dorothy Ann. While these two don't balance each other out that much, since Arnold is the nervous worrywart, while Dorothy Ann is the smart blonde who consistently researches via her books (and later on, in the new series, a tablet), Arnold doesn't really know specific things whenever he gets nervous about that particular thing and sometimes gets immature about it (especially considering he always says he "should've stayed home today"), while Dorothy Ann isn't afraid to admit her knowledge, whether things go bad or not, and is a lot more mature about it. And to add to this, when it comes to having something in common, Arnold is very knowledgeable about rocks and colour, while Dorothy Ann is very knowledgeable about those too (especially considering she was about to do a show and tell competition with him about rocks, only to find out Arnold brought an ancient dartboard instead), the latter especially considering the time she fought with Carlos over the colour of her red-blue book.
For those of you who remember the time they got baked into a cake on The Magic School Bus, you may remember that, just as Dorothy Ann and Carlos got the entire class out of the cake with baking soda and vinegar, Arnold did this with Dorothy Ann. Yep, after Carlos hugged Dorothy Ann, calling her a brilliant chemist, after everyone was freed, Arnold hugged Dorothy Ann out of gratitude.
If anyone remembers the time the entire class went over to Herp Haven to look for Liz, and all thanks to Phoebe's idea of turning The Magic School Bus into an alligator and naming it "Valerie" after Ms. Frizzle, and when Arnold didn't want to go with the rest of the class to search for Liz, who decided to stay with him? Dorothy Ann agreed to. Some might wanda why Wanda or Keesha didn't stay behind instead of Dorothy Ann. Phoebe we can understand because she was supposed to be "Valerie's" owner. Though if nobody decided to stay behind, we could've found out Arnold's favourite reptile, and Dorothy Ann's favourite.
How about the time the entire class were en route to Tim's grandfather's bee farm due to Tim and Wanda accidentally destroying their entire load of honey, causing it to go down the drain, literally. This field trip prompted Ms. Frizzle to take a detour to a wild beehive. You can see that Dorothy Ann was about to inspect the beehive when Arnold does this. He grabs Dorothy Ann by the shoulders and warns her that if she inspected the hive, she could get stung. This prompted Wanda to call them "Weaselly wimps", and go inspect the hive herself, yet Arnold didn't defend Wanda.
There was the time the class found a fertilised chicken egg to try and hatch for Mr. Ruhle after Dorothy Ann lost Giblets, due to the rooster himself flying the coop, literally. There was a real ship tease here. Arnold decided to go inside the egg because he would "rather do that than face Mr. Ruhle", and he spent his whole time in the egg treating the unborn rooster like a human baby, but all thanks to The Magic School Bus acting like a hen, helping the egg to hatch faster, the egg hatched, Arnold returned to normal size, and out of pure gratitude, Dorothy Ann kissed Arnold. As Giblets returned to the coop, Mr. Ruhle decided to let Arnold and Dorothy Ann keep the chick, to which the former decides to name "Arnold Junior".
To sum it all up, I've said it numerous times before and I'll say it again, Arnold/D.A. is my Magic School Bus OTP. And no Arnold/Keesha shipper, Arnold/Phoebe shipper, Arnold/Tiffany shipper, Arnold/Wanda shipper, Carlos/D.A. shipper, Ralphie/D.A. shipper or Tim/D.A. shipper will make me change that. I also made this as another reminder that I ship these 2.
To sum it all up, I've said it numerous times before and I'll say it again, Arnold/D.A. is my Magic School Bus OTP. And no Arnold/Keesha shipper, Arnold/Phoebe shipper, Arnold/Tiffany shipper, Arnold/Wanda shipper, Carlos/D.A. shipper, Ralphie/D.A. shipper or Tim/D.A. shipper will make me change that. I also made this as another reminder that I ship these 2.
Yup! I so agree...
ReplyDeleteThe DA/Carlos ship is getting on my nerves...
The Carlos/DA ship never got on my nerves. Why? Because they're my favourite kids in this series. (and this is coming from someone who prefers Dorothy with Arnold, and Carlos with Phoebe)
DeleteI agree with this analysis
ReplyDeleteRalphie/Jyoti is the best MSB ship
ReplyDeleteGood news. DA blushed at Arnold during the Netflix movie The Frizz connection
ReplyDelete