Sunday, 27 November 2016

Robotboy S2E10: Tummy Trouble & Valentine's Day

Well, here we are, another Robotboy review on my blog.




45. Tummy Trouble.
Written by: Daniel Lennard.
Aired: UK: 3 March 2006. US: 16 September 2006.

In this episode Gus becomes unusually thin because of a tape-worm named Walter and becomes his friend but unfortunately he's working for Kamikazi.

The Doctor likes Human Fist too?

Now Gus has lost weight!

"Shut your trap!" Yeah, that was funny!

Behind you, Kamikazi!

Here's why Gus is so skinny. This little tapeworm Walter.

Yes, Lola! Even Gus knows your crush on Thomas.


Hungry anaconda!

Gus is fat again? Aw!

This sure was one hilarious adventure! Gus getting a tapeworm he befriends, only to learn that he's intended for Kamikazi to catch Robotboy. Interestingly, we find out that Augustus' parents' first names are Jebediah and Hester. And even Gus knows Lola has a crush on Tommy as he said to Walter. Too bad Lola fought like the girl she is, but this also further proves Kamikazi will stop at nothing to capture Robotboy. A brill episode overall!

My rating: 10/10.

46. Valentine's Day.
Written by: Cindy Morrow.
Aired: UK: 3 March 2006. US: 16 September 2006.

In this episode when the kids celebrates Valentine's Day Dr. Kamikazi thinks off a way to kidnap Tommy and his friends including Robotboy.

100 lashes for Constantine?

Tommy hiding his valentine for Bambi.

Odd, Tommy had to go to bed even though it's broad daylight.

Ha! Take that, Gus!

Now how does that girl know about Goose's love for Homer food?

See, Tommy! Bambi has Kurt.

Ha! Gus torture porn!


Lola just loves Tommy that much.

Robotboy love Gus!

Aww! Lola just kissed Tommy....on the lips!

They're really meant for each other.

What a sweet and epic episode overall! We finally get to see that Bambi really is going out with Kurt, Kamikazi unleashes a love scheme to capture Robotboy, the hilarious Gus torture porn, Kamikazi getting hit by a love arrow in the end and to top it all, Lola kisses Tommy Turnbull for helping her out! Not only is this my favourite episode of Season 2, this is also my favourite episode of Robotboy overall! If anyone is willing to give this show a try, I suggest watch this episode!

My rating: 10/10.


Before I give away my fully fledged thoughts, let me tell you all a dark secret about my life with Robotboy. I didn't used to like Robotboy. The instant I first saw it, I absolutely hated it. Don't know why, maybe because I didn't like the looks of some of the characters. However, I soon realised that there are many cartoons with characters designed like this, like The Powerpuff Girls, Codename Kids Next Door, Courage the Cowardly Dog, and Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi. But I discovered this episode and after watching the episode Valentine's Day, I was in love with this show and from then on, I learned never to judge a book by its cover.

Final thoughts:

This episode was overall amazing! Gus getting a friendly tapeworm named Walter, only for Water to brainwash him into getting Robotboy, and lastly, Tommy saving Lola from Doctor Kamikazi on Valentine's day. A very brill episode overall!

Episode rating: 10/10.

Season 2 scorecard:
1. Robotman: 10/10.
2. A Tale of 2 Evil Geniuses: 9.5/10.
3. Something About Stevie: 10/10.
4. The Homecoming: 9/10.
5. Kindergarten Kaos: 9/10.
6. Robot Girl: 10/10.
7. Bambi-bot: 7/10.
8. Double Tommy: 10/10.
9. Tether Tommy: 3.5/10.
10. The Tune Up: 9.5/10.
11. Shelf Life: 9/10.
12. The Babysitter: 9.5/10.
13. The Manchurian Robot: 10/10.
14. Door to Door: 10/10.
15. The Consultant: 9.5/10.
16. Feline Frenzy: 9/10.
17. Attack of the Killer G-Men: 9.5/10.
18. Party Out of Bounds: 10/10.
19. Tummy Trouble: 10/10.
20. Valentine's Day: 10/10.

Season 2 so far: 9.7/10.



No comments:

Post a Comment