So, get ready to decommission me. Here is my revised Top 11 least favourite characters from Codename Kids Next Door.
Dishonourable mentions:
Tommy Gilligan/Numbuh Tea/The Tommy: Even if I still don't dislike The Tommy, he's still a dishonourable mention. Part of the reason he's here is because he can be somewhat annoying. And I find it puzzling whenever he wanted to be Numbuh Tea.
Grandfather: Sure his scheme sure was epic, but he really did come across as a DiChead, especially to his son Father. Speaking of whom.....
Father/Benedict Wigglestein Uno: Again, I don't dislike Father. Sure he's the main baddie of the series, but sometimes, his schemes can go too far, especially in Operation: CAKED-FOUR. What? Is he a cannibal or something?
Numbuh Forty-Eight Flavours: Again, a forgettable character.
Mushi Sanban: I liked her when she was a sweet, adorable kindergartener, but ever since she hooked up to King Sandy, she turned into a monster, even going as far as to killing Numbuh 3's Posh Party Rainbow Monkey!
Nurse Claiborne: Her evil scheme sure was disgusting. Really?! Apple crumble with eye crust from pinkeye?! Egh!
Missus Thompson: She seems like a nice teacher, but the way she turned into a were-dog turned her into a monster. She's only a dishonourable mention because she reformed in Operation: DOGHOUSE.
Now, onto the real list.
11. Cree Lincoln/Numbuh 11.
Fitting, I know. Now, let me get something straight. I don't dislike Cree. While some of her moments with her sister can be sweet, especially in Operation: VIRUS, but the way she betrayed the KND was never explained, and she was a reason a certain brat turned traitor!
10. King Sandy.
Again, I don't dislike King Sandy. His moment fighting Numbuh 4 was epic, but the way he tries to marry Numbuh 3 is very.....disturbing. I mean he always says he "Never pretends"even though Numbuh 3 is supposedly 10, and Sandy is, what? 7? 6? 5? And he even turned Mushi into a monster.
9. Numbuh 1/Nigel Uno (Depending on how he's written)
This might upset most of you, but let me be fully clear. I do NOT dislike Numbuh 1. Yes, he's my least favourite of Sector V, but the reason he's here has to do with how he's written. He was very gullible in Operation: POINT, thinking that the Point was a place where teenagers become adults?! What?! And Operation: GIRLFRIEND made him equally as gullible. And the one that really made him unlikable was Operation: TREATY. That episode made him a jerk! Also, the Galactic Kids Next Door made him a traitor, and I really don't like his sandals/boots/whatever they are. They bug me. One of the reasons I don't want the Galactic Kids Next Door series to become a reality.
8. The Steve.
Alright, how is it that all the teenagers have earplugs we can't even see?! One reason I still don't like The Steve, further proving him a bankrupt villain.
7. Numbuh 362/Rachel T. McKenzie. (Depending on how she's written)
What might be another upset of the year. Another thing I want to get straight. I do NOT dislike Numbuh 362. However, she's on this list, but my reason for having her here is to do with how she appears in an episode. She started off as a jerk in her debut Operation: FUGITIVE, though I can forgive her there because of Numbuh 86's incompetence and sexism in that episode. But Operation: GIRLFRIEND made her ruin Numbuh 1's date with Lizzie, telling him to get his priorities straight even though he was. Although she could've gotten Numbuh 60 or Numbuh 86 to go on a mission with her in that episode. But no, it had to be Numbuh 1 for some reason! And what really made her unlikable was Operation: INTERVIEWS. The finale made her an unlikable jerk, putting Sector V off of cake missions for good, all because she trusted her bratty brother.
6. Numbuh Infinity.
One member of the so-called "Kids Next Door Splinter Cell" has made it again, but now he's higher. All Numbuh Infinity contributed was trying to get Numbuh 1 to lose his ties with Earth, like break up with Lizzie and trap Chad! Oh well, the one thing that didn't make him any higher is his voice. He sounds like Samurai Jack, Hermes Conrad from Futurama and Wilt from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.
5. Valerie.
Yep, Valerie remains in this position too. What she did to Numbuh 5 was uncalled for, eating her homework like that! Made her cheat when it comes to doing assignments. I guess it was Missus Thompson who made her a were-dog as later shown in Operation: DOGHOUSE.
4. Henrietta Von Marzipan.
It's this version of Heinrich I hate. When I further realised how disgusting it was to reveal Heinrich as a girl, I placed 'enrietta even higher on the list. What's even worse about this revelation is that it was never foreshadowed until Operation: CARAMEL, making the episode even worse than it was interesting.
3. Numbuh 363/Harvey McKenzie.
Many people hate this brat, so a majority people won't mind me tearing him a new one. Where do I begin on Harvey? First of all, he's always such a showoff, acting like he's better than everyone? What's more, he hates being touched! What? So Harvey McKenzie, a very disrespectful operative and it's a good thing Numbuh 5 decommissioned him.
2. Numbuh 12.
Surprise, surprise! Numbuh 12 is no longer my least favourite KND character. Sure, she was an ungrateful treacherous brat, but at least she admitted it and explained why she betrayed the KND. However, she's still remains here for what she did to Numbuh 86! Upsetting her like that! So there, I still can't stand Numbuh 12!
And my new Numbuh 1 least favourite KND character is.....
1. Numbuh 74.239/Gabe.
Big shocker! Numbuh 74.239 is my new least favourite character from Codename Kids Next Door. What I hate about this scientist is that he was the one who helped Numbuh Infinity cut Numbuh 1's ties with Earth. What made Numbuh 74.239 worse is that he just made Numbuh 1 go into space without regretting it and making him never come back, and it was further made worse when Numbuh 1's parents acted unconcerned about their only born son leaving and never coming back!
And what made him a real traitor is that he's actually a tree in disguise! Further proving that he was a waste of space, making his role in the KND pointless. But then again, the Galactic Kids Next Door concept was pointless overall. Always has been, always will be.
And what made him a real traitor is that he's actually a tree in disguise! Further proving that he was a waste of space, making his role in the KND pointless. But then again, the Galactic Kids Next Door concept was pointless overall. Always has been, always will be.
If you have any thoughts you'd like to share on any of my choices, feel free to do so.
ahh a few of these characters I like but like you pointed out, depending on how they were written. I didn't like interviews as much as zero myself for the way 362 was written partially.
ReplyDeleteNumber 362 I never hated, but she can be a jerk TOO often. I guess that's how her actress Rachael MacFarlane portrayed the character.
ReplyDelete