Special thanks to Thomas the Tank Engine Wikia for the image
512. Confused Coaches.
Written by: Helen Farrall.
Written by: Helen Farrall.
Aired: 22 December 2017.
Man, Gordon's character and Spencer's character were very heavily flanderised here. First of all, Gordon was too pompous for his own good. And Spencer just took him too seriously.
While it was nice to see Spencer pulling coaches apart from his own, he should've realised he was taking the wrong passengers, and Gordon too.
The one fine thing about this episode is that it focuses on the New Year, something Thomas the Tank Engine never touched on before.
So did Season 21 end on a high note? Unfortunately, no. The characters were too flanderised for their own good, Thomas was shoehorned just for the sake of the soccermums, and Philip was shoehorned just to please the kids with low attention spans. Gordon and Spencer were too pompous for their own good, racing each other at such dangerous speeds, and unknowingly taking their passengers to the wrong spots. Too bad this is the last episode of the main series, the last episode to be narrated by Mark Moraghan and the last episode to be written by Helen Farrall, and it's a shame they went out on such a low note.
My rating: 0.5/10.
Season 21 final thoughts:
I don't see Season 21 as among the best seasons of the show. Sure it has a lot of great episodes, but it was too short, it heavily flanderised the characters, and it showed the bad things that were to come next year, with that Big World Big Adventures garbage.
I will give this season lots of props for giving Big Mickey from TUGS a face and having him speak, having Rosie repainted to a more realistic, NWR-esque livery, introducing decent characters like Hannah and Carly, and bringing back old favourites Terence and Bulgy, but it wasn't the best season ever. That'll always go to Season 3.
I will give this season lots of props for giving Big Mickey from TUGS a face and having him speak, having Rosie repainted to a more realistic, NWR-esque livery, introducing decent characters like Hannah and Carly, and bringing back old favourites Terence and Bulgy, but it wasn't the best season ever. That'll always go to Season 3.
So overall, I don't dislike this season, but of the Brenner-era, it's the least good.
The reason I said this is the final season to me and that Confused Coaches is the final episode to me is because I have finally decided that, due to political correctness gone mad, just to please the feminists who should just lighten up for crying out loud, because the series will be too fast paced and unrealistic after Season 21, just to please kids with low attention spans, I am not going to watch anymore future Thomas episodes or anymore of Mattel's idiotic marketing stunts ever again. So there, I'm finished with the series. I am only going to rewatch the episodes I've seen already from now on. To me, Thomas has officially ended.
The reason I said this is the final season to me and that Confused Coaches is the final episode to me is because I have finally decided that, due to political correctness gone mad, just to please the feminists who should just lighten up for crying out loud, because the series will be too fast paced and unrealistic after Season 21, just to please kids with low attention spans, I am not going to watch anymore future Thomas episodes or anymore of Mattel's idiotic marketing stunts ever again. So there, I'm finished with the series. I am only going to rewatch the episodes I've seen already from now on. To me, Thomas has officially ended.
Season 21 episodes from least favourite to favourite:
0.5/10.
0.5/10.
18. Confused Coaches.
3/10.
17. The Big Freeze.
4/10.
16. Daisy's Perfect Christmas.
5.5/10.
15. Cranky at the End of the Line.
16. Daisy's Perfect Christmas.
5.5/10.
15. Cranky at the End of the Line.
7.5/10.
14. Emily in the Middle.
8/10.
8/10.
13. Hasty Hannah.
9/10.
12. A Shed for Edward.
11. Stuck in Gear.
10. Philip's Number.
9.5/10.
9. A Most Singular Engine.
9/10.
12. A Shed for Edward.
11. Stuck in Gear.
10. Philip's Number.
9.5/10.
9. A Most Singular Engine.
8. P.A. Problems.
7. New Crane on the Dock.
6. Springtime for Diesel.
5. Runaway Engine.
10/10.
4. The Fastest Red Engine on Sodor.
3. Dowager Hatt's Busy Day.
2. Terence Breaks the Ice.
1. Unscheduled Stops.
Average Season 21 score: 9/10.
Final score: 8/10.
6. Springtime for Diesel.
5. Runaway Engine.
10/10.
4. The Fastest Red Engine on Sodor.
3. Dowager Hatt's Busy Day.
2. Terence Breaks the Ice.
1. Unscheduled Stops.
Average Season 21 score: 9/10.
Final score: 8/10.

No comments:
Post a Comment