Before I begin, I want to announce that I don't dislike all the characters I've listed.
Here are a couple of rules I'm adding to this countdown:
1. I won't be including Nia and Rebecca. Because I grew to like those 2.
2. Every character is allowed on this list.
So, get ready to send me to the scrapyard! Here are my Top 11 least favourite Thomas characters.
Dishonourable mentions:
Gordon (Season 19 onward): Now, before anyone throws a temper tantrum at me for adding him here, I do NOT dislike Gordon. At least not in Seasons 1-18. But The Little Engine Who Raced Ahead, Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure, Confused Coaches, and Forever and Ever, showed him as an asshole. The last one I mentioned showed him throwing a tantrum over Henry's pointless departure from Tidmouth Sheds. (I personally understand why Edward left. Because he has his own shed at Wellsworth, and I personally think that Thomas and Percy should've left the sheds because of Ffarquhar Sheds)
James (Season 20 onward): Again, I do NOT dislike James. Well, at least not in Seasons 1-19. But episodes like Pouty James, The Fastest Red Engine on Sodor, and the ever-so appalling Apology Impossible showed him to be a complete asshole. And now that I think about it, instead of making Henry leave Tidmouth Sheds, Fat Controller should've kicked James out of the sheds, especially for destroying the back of them out of carelessness and jumping to conclusions about his brakes.
Spencer (Hero of the Rails onward): Again, I don't dislike Spencer. But the way he behaves in Hero of the Rails, Spencer the Grand, Welcome Stafford, and Confused Coaches is just unsatisfying. I mean, always in his silly rivalry with Gordon, all because they're cousins. And even calling him "Slowcoach". I'm just going to have to call Spencer "Slowcoach".
Diesel: Again, I do NOT dislike Diesel. I just don't like how he was made a permanent resident of Sodor.... without an episode explaining why! This wouldn't have been like this had Thomas and the Evil Diesel been adapted.
Charlie (pre-Season 16): Yes, Charlie was redeemed in Season 17, but what he did in the seasons beforehand was pretty lame and annoying. Telling jokes and wanting to race other engines instead of doing his work like he's supposed to. That's not good.
Fred: Now I did say every character is allowed, right? I wouldn't have had a problem with Fred's appearance in New Little Engine.... if he'd actually APPEARED in that book. His potential was all wasted. He got no physical appearance at all.
Arry and Bert: I don't dislike these two, but what irks me about these 2 is that whenever they cause trouble, they almost never get punished for it! Especially in Stepney Gets Lost, Middle Engine, Thomas and the New Engine and Henry's Happy Coal.
Old Stuck-Up: Talk about unoriginal. Old Stuck-Up is nothing more than The Bowled Out Diesel with 199's livery. All we got out of him was him thinking steam engines are inferior to diesels, and crashing through the back of Tidmouth Sheds out of slipping on oil.
Norman: I feel this recolour of Dennis is rather useless, and the potential he has keeps going to waste. We barely get anything out of him.
Sam: Sure, Sam has a great basis, but considering what he's based on, he's far, FAR too big to be working on a British Railway. And I don't find his voice and persona all that interesting.
Samson: This engine is a complete idiot, always in his little world and not caring about what's going on around him, and even thinking fresh inanimate objects are scrap!
Hong-Mei: I know people say she's a recolour of Rosie, but that's not the case, and that's not even why she's on this list. We barely get anything out of her except for the fact she's China's Numbuh 1 engine.
The nameless international engines: There's nothing to say about them, really, except for what lazy recolours they are.
Now, onto the real list.
Special thanks to Thomas the Tank Engine Wikia for the images
11. Spiteful Brakevan.
Though it was explained that this brake van took a dislike to Douglas, it wasn't explained why he took a disliking to him. And he does live up to his title. And it's a good thing he got what was coming to him. This is why I always exclude him whenever I say that Boco's the only character introduced in Season 2 who's yet to return. The Spiteful Brakevan is dead.
10. Smudger.
Let me get this clear. While Smudger is among my least favourite characters, I do not dislike him. I just find him overrated by fans. Fans keep begging for HiT to bring him back. Well Smudger can't return. For one reason and one reason only. He's dead! And also, Smudger kept coming off the rails out of carelessness.
9. Colin.
There's nothing to say about Colin except how forgettable he is. All he wanted was a party, one that was around him. And that's all we got out of him. And not to mention, you can't move him anywhere else as easily as Cranky, Carly, Merrick, or Beresford since they can be dismantled and moved to other places.
8. Ashima.
Let's get this perfectly clear. I do not dislike Ashima. I'm just neutral over her. The reason she's here is because we barely get anything out of her apart from that development she put Thomas the Tank Engine through. (one he didn't even need to go through) I will admit, I do like the song You Can Only Be You she sang with Thomas the Tank Engine.
7. Ivo Hugh.
Yeah, a fitting place for him. And it proves that every character's allowed. I wouldn't have any problems with his role.... if he'd actually had a proper role in his book. Look, I know it takes time to build an engine, but in Jock the New Engine, Jock was fully built within the 3rd story, and was speaking too. But Ivo Hugh.... he didn't say or do anything. (and they say Bertram, Thumper, and Lady did nothing)
6. Beresford.
We didn't get very much out of this blue Merrick except for the fact he is often lonely. And also, Beresford dangerously hid Thomas the Tank Engine in the canal when James the Red Engine, Hurricane, and Frankie were looking for him. Though I will admit his song Who's Thomas? was entertaining. I just wish there was more they could do with Beresford.
5. Isla.
While I don't hate Isla,even though she's my least favourite female character, I just feel she's a forgettable female Jeremy. She made Thomas the Tank Engine too determined to best her in getting doctors to injured people. So yeah, I don't find Isla that interesting of a character.
4. Beau.
I will admit, Beau has a nice design and a well done accent, but he's very disrespectful to engines who have derailments, especially with Thomas and an engine who was scrapped. Just leave them to rust until there's no more of them! When Thomas the Tank Engine asked for a breakdown train, Beau told a lie that there are no breakdown trains in the wild west. Very disrespectful you are, Beau.
3. Billy.
I know a lot of people will agree with me on this one. All Billy did was act like a brat to Thomas the Tank Engine's advice on taking on coal and water, always being "Stop telling me what to do!" and accusing Thomas the Tank Engine a "very bossy engine". Billy even unknowingly biffed Percy the Small Engine under the coal hopper. And he never got punished for his actions.
What's even worse is that on Twitter, people keep making this hashtag called "BillyGang", always consistently disrespecting the fact people dislike him. Makes me glad I don't have a Twitter account.
What's even worse is that on Twitter, people keep making this hashtag called "BillyGang", always consistently disrespecting the fact people dislike him. Makes me glad I don't have a Twitter account.
2. Vinnie.
Yep. Vinnie is no longer my least favourite character in the series, but he's still my least favourite villain in the series, and I still can't stand him. He's such an arrogant brat, throwing his weight around like that. And what he did to Philip was uncalled for! Trying to push him into a turntable, and all for a coal accident! Man! Talk about toxic! Sure, Diesel is a bully, but he has charisma. Vinnie on the other hand does not. But it was lucky for Thomas the Tank Engine and Ashima to have given him what was coming to him.
And my new Numbuh 1 least favourite Thomas the Tank Engine character is.....
I was going to keep Vinnie at Numbuh 1, but according to my research, and some reviews and memes, I see a lot of people hate a character more than him. It made me realise a lot of stuff about this particular character. This character is a common law breaker. And that character is none other than.....
1. Ace.
Yes. I hate this yellow Fast Talking Lightning McQueen more than Vinnie. While Vinnie was such an unlikable character, you're not expected to like him. Ace on the other hand, ugh! Even if his Free and Easy song was cool, and even if he was voiced by Peter Andre, Ace is a common law breaker! He broke so many driving rules when going to Sodor. And even went on the tracks. Almost veering into Sidney, who was going on the mainland. And he kept lying to Thomas the Tank Engine that "there aren't any tracks on the Sahara" (well what do you call the stuff Thomas the Tank Engine was moving on while in Africa?)
Ace was also an asshole, making Thomas abandon Nia and their job while in America, all to do a dimwitted stunt! This meme sums it up. Also, it's making me lose respect for Big World! Big Adventures!. This review sums it up too.
If you have any thoughts you want to share on any of my choices, feel free to do so.










No comments:
Post a Comment