Special thanks to Thomas the Tank Engine Wikia for the image
143. Percy and the Haunted Mine.
Written by: Robyn Charteris.
Story by: David Mitton.
Aired: UK: 2 October 2002. AUS: 6 November 2002. CAN: 29 January 2003.
Written by: Robyn Charteris.
Story by: David Mitton.
Aired: UK: 2 October 2002. AUS: 6 November 2002. CAN: 29 January 2003.
The stations are preparing for a Best Dressed Station competition and Percy has to collect some trucks from Maithwaite. On the way, he has to stop by an old mine. He is spooked when he sees a mine chimney sinking into the ground and when he tells Donald and Douglas, they claim it is the naughty gnomes which makes him feel even more scared.
Later, when Percy is to collect garden gnomes for a station, he sees the warehouse sink and is convinced it is the naughty gnomes. He bumps some trucks and garden gnomes fall out. Percy is terrified and runs back to Lower Tidmouth station, where the Fat Controller explains that in fact the gnomes were garden gnomes and that the buildings were just sinking into old mine shafts. Percy then returns to the mine to pick up the gnomes, learning that they were not scary like he thought they were. The next day, Lower Tidmouth wins the Best Dressed Station competition, due to the fact that they had the garden gnomes.
This is another episode that showed Percy the Small Engine's scaredy side, especially when Donald and Douglas told him about the Gnaughty Gnomes that steal their wheels.
To be honest, I think Bill and Ben would've suited this role when it comes to telling tall tales about gnaughty gnomes.
I will admit, I did find it funny when things at the mine started to sink, and when Percy the Small Engine crashed into the van and gnaughty gnomes started falling out. Don't know why, but I found that a bit funny when I was a kid, but the sinking buildings I found scary as a kid, but as an adult, I find it both scary and funny.
My rating: 7/10.
Season 6 scorecard:
1. No Sleep for Cranky: 9/10.
2. Salty's Secret: 9.5/10.
3. Harvey to the Rescue: 9/10.
9. It's Only Snow: 9/10.
10. Twin Trouble: 10/10.
12. Scaredy Engines: 5/10.
13. Percy and the Haunted Mine: 7/10.
14. Middle Engine: 3/10.
17. Gordon Takes a Tumble: 9.5/10.
22. Thomas the Jet Engine: 10/10.
23. Edward the Very Useful Engine: 8.5/10.
25. Rusty Saves the Day: 3.5/10.
Season 6 rating so far: 8.7/10.

No comments:
Post a Comment