Monday, 27 March 2017

My expectations of Thomas' future and my thoughts on the series right now

Alright. For sometime now, I've been thinking about talking about what Thomas' 20th season was like and what I hope for Thomas' future.

First of all, I would like to say that Season 20 has been such a brilliant season. All I will say is it was better than Seasons 17 and 19, but no better than Season 18. I mean sure Season 20 has a lot of brilliant episodes, but there were the occasional duds here and there, such as Pouty James (Which I'd just reviewed) and 3 Steam Engines Gruff (Which I'll review another day). All I will say is Hugo was an okay character, but I wish he was given a reason as to why he came to Sodor in the first place. Also, Bradford was a very interesting character and a nice reason to make Samson more likable.

But there's only one problem a lot of us, including yours truly, are having with the series now. Not just the fact they're introducing a large number of engines in almost every special, of course after Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure introduced the Arlesdale engines, I hoped they'd only introduce Railway Series characters, but also, another problem with the series is a certain star-billing spoilt brat painted in a vibrant blue with a yellow number 1 painted on his panels. That's right. Thomas got unnecessary screen time throughout Season 20. I was hoping that Season 20 would have at least one episode where Thomas didn't appear at all! I was hoping it'd only happen in Season 19 since 2015 was the franchise's 70th anniversary. But no. They had to include him in every episode of Season 20!

Mattel is not the only one I blame because they want to make the franchise look cooler, but I'm blaming those soccermums who should just LIGHTEN THE HELL UP FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!! God!


Here are my hopes for Season 21 and the upcoming Journey Beyond Sodor. I read that they're introducing another American engine named Lexi. Really? Thomas is a British franchise for crying out loud! But then again, they are introducing British engines like Hurricane, Theo, Merlin and Frankie. Hopefully this special will turn out better than The Great Race, to which looking back, was just weak in a few places.

Let me explain another elephant in the room. Yes, I've heard about Rosie, and yes, I've checked out her red livery with NWR painted in yellow. At first I was a bit biased toward it, but looking at it now, it looks nice. Hopefully Season 21 will have a story explaining why Rosie got this livery.

Other things I hope for Season 21:

-Returning characters like Boco, Terence, Arthur and Duke. Because Season 20 didn't bring back any old characters, just those who returned in Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure.

-
More Railway Series characters like Bear, 199 and the Mountain Engines. With Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure bringing in Mike, Rex, Bert and the Rev W. Awdry to TV as well as Season 20 bringing in Teddy Boston, I expect more Railway Series characters.

-More adaptations of The Railway Series like Mountain Engine, Bad Lookout and Super Rescue.


-Character development. No flanderising any classic characters.


-Don't introduce too many new standard gauge engines. Really? Has Sodor become a galaxy all of a sudden? You can still introduce some narrow gauge and small gauge engines since we still have too few of those.

And most of all:

-NO MORE SHOEHORNING THOMAS IN PLACES HE'S NOT NEEDED! Because Thomas' screen time in Season 20 was unnecessary. Not to mention Love Me Tender where Douglas said "We shood clear the lane for Thomas." Thomas?! HE'S NOT A MAIN LINE ENGINE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! He's a branch line engine!

And another thing, for all you soccermums out there, THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN! Life is precious! You should teach your children that life is precious and worth living instead of trying to make everything so sugar-coated!


Now, another thing I hope for in the future of Thomas. Don't take what I'm about to say the wrong way, but I hope that in a few years time, Thomas and Friends will come to an end. It's not that I don't like the series now, but it's been on for over 30 years now.

And if Thomas does come to an end, I hope it ends on a high note, like in the last Railway Series book unveiling the Thin Clergyman's bust, and the prince saying "There will never be anything like it anywhere." That was a decent way to end the books.

Even so, the franchise exists for money. Look, you can still keep the franchise alive with its legacy. Why do you think Thomas Land exists in Japan, UK and America? I mean in 2015, Phineas and Ferb ended, and the legacy of that show is still going on. Last year, Gravity Falls and Wander Over Yonder ended, and the legacies of those 2 shows are still continuing to this day, and a couple of months ago, Regular Show ended, and I can see the legacy of that continuing, sometime this year, Harvey Beaks will end, and its legacy will continue even when it does, and I read that next year, Adventure Time will be ending, and even when it does, its legacy will be going on. You see, lots of shows that have ended still have their legacies going on.

I mean Thomas has been going on for so long. I'm only saying it should end soon because it's been on for so long, who knows when it'll conclude? Also, lots of shows have reached their shelves, such as The Simpsons, Arthur, Pokémon, South Park, Spongebob Squarepants, and don't even start me on Family Guy! That show's been hell nowadays!

So those are my thoughts and hopes for Thomas' future. But when I said the show should end, don't take it the wrong way. Tell me what you think and hope for Thomas' future.

3 comments:

  1. I do hope that more characters return and we have had enough new engines introduced already...

    Correction: we have had too many new standard gauge engines introduced. I mean, there isn't a problem with introducing more miniature or narrow gauge engines, is there?

    Anyways, I know that Thomas could end one day, but with all its popularity, it's likely doubtful to happen anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that there needs to be LESS Thomas appearances in the new episodes. Season 19 I can forgive, but Season 20 I cannot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second the notion on the narrow gauge
    and minimum gauge part. Give them some more characters and screentime. They deserve just as much as spotlight as the standard gauge characters.

    ReplyDelete