I am here to review another Thomas episode from Season 3. That is.....
68. Edward, Trevor and the Really Useful Party.
Based on a magazine story by Andrew Brenner.
Adapted by: Britt Allcroft and David Mitton.
Aired: US: 27 December 1991. UK: 12 May 1992. AUS: 8 March 1993.
Bertie later teases Trevor about being old, but Trevor forgets all about it with the happiness of giving children rides at the garden party, despite the ground being soaked from rain during the night.
Bertie later tries to go through the field to drop off some passengers, but gets stuck in the mud caused from the overnight rain and has to be pulled out by Trevor and Terence. Bertie apologises to Trevor, and the party is a success. While the Vicar thanks Edward and his crew, Trevor goes to sleep that night, thinking happily about all the children who will now get to see the seaside.
Yep, this is the last episode to have a pilot narration. By which I mean it was narrated by Michael Angelis in 1991 for VHS before airing on TV in the UK.
I know there is one problem people have with this episode. That is the posters pasted on Edward, showing a possibility of burning off. There is a possibility those posters were made out of fireproof material.
Observe the shot I chose for this review. According to the shot, Diesel was originally going to be in this episode, but he was cut for unknown reasons. But why he was cut, it doesn't really matter because he had no reason to be here. Same can be said for a few other Season 3 episodes.
Another problem people have is that Michael/George said that Trevor helped Terence pull Bertie the Bus out of the mud. I'd like to say that perhaps Trevor was just commanding Terence to pull Bertie clear from the mud.
All in all, this is a good episode and it's nice to see some focus on the non-rail characters.
My rating: 8.5/10.
Season 3 scorecard:
6. Thomas Gets Bumped: 10/10.
8. Diesel Does it Again: 7/10.
9. Henry's Forest: 9.5/10.
16. Edward, Trevor and the Really Useful Party: 8.5/10.
26. Thomas and Percy's Christmas Adventure: 8.5/10*
Season 3 rating so far: 8.6/10.

Wish I knew why Diesel was cut from the episode...
ReplyDelete